Live today as if it were your last - Xtremely!

It's just past midnight and I just finished watching Sweet November, which I'm ready to call a classic. If you don't like romantic movies, too much deep talking, or cringe when someone says "Let's think about life", then please forgive me, but as for those who know me, they'll understand why I like this movie.

I could write a lot of different things about this movie, but there's one main thing it made me think about - what if today was my last day.

Forgive me yet again if that's a thought you'd rather ignore, but try to think about it a little. If today were your last day how would you be? Not what would you do - although I wouldn't mind hearing that from anyone, as I find questions that are bound to be answered with variety interesting - but my question is how would you be, act, react, think? Think about that for a moment …


Now think, what if by some unusual work of God you experienced a "Groundhogs" miracle and woke up with that reality every day, each day having it feel as impactful as the last. Whoever you are and however you look at life, I can tell you one thing for sure, under those conditions you would be different than you are now.

Just think of the passion you would live with. Think of all the people in the world who you would genuinely tell you love them, tell them you appreciated them and cared about them and what they would be and have in life, and told them you wished them the best - and I think they would be convinced. Think of all you would want to do, wished you had done and subsequently wished you could do that exact second, wished you could have shared, expressed, changed for the Lord. Think how you would think differently walking down the street, how you would probably go crazy, knowing it was your last day to tell everyone about the Lord. Think even about the things you wished you could enjoy, experience, and do - yet in my case I would probably think of these things yet trade them for more important things. Again, think of the person you would be, the passion you would have for life.

That thought from one of the XD classes was amazing: "We are all old because we could die tomorrow." And though I wish I could by some extravaganza experience a groundhog life like this, I know I won't, because that's not the way God made me, and life. Yet I know he would smile to see me live with the same passion for life, the same impact on those around me, I know he would be happier with the amount of souls I won on a day like that then the amount I usually win.

I was once trying to cheer a friend of mine up who I think was a little discouraged with the mundane feel to her life. I said off the top of my head "Trying doing something today that you could remember forever." She told me she didn't have that sort of imagination, and I tried to give her a few ideas. We came up with a few interesting things, shared a few laughs, and then went on with our day, in my case, a little happier - and hopefully in her case too.

But think of it this way, if you could do something every day, or even every 2 days or every week - yet preferably every day - you did something that someone else would remember forever, that would change someone, help them, uplift them, I can assure you one thing, your life would have meaning, you would be the type of person I would say in remembrance, "They were worth knowing, a real reflection of Jesus."

And an easy thing would be to win souls, because that's the greatest achievement you could work towards. But I wouldn't mind some variety too. Helping a JETT being inspired about himself and the things in the spirit is a high achievement in my books, praying for someone with all your heart would make a difference in another's life, or even just helping others when and how you can is something great.

I hope I can do that, and actually, think I'll make a chart right now for that. Ha, actually that's a good idea. It would be better even than a diary: fulfilling to fill in, truly a joy to reread, an accomplishment to fulfill.

I don't know how to end this post, so I'll add some trivia. I thought my blogging career was over long ago, but hopefully it'll be a little revived. If any of you are new visitors here, please write a lot of nice things in the chatbox to crowd out the silly people, the like to fill it with the unattractive.

And I'll end with a little tribute to any and all XDers - although I hope I write one more in full or personally if I haven't already - I love all of you and I want to say thank you for helping to change my life, I'll remember you all forever.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Don't stop blogging! You write about things that matter, and I like to visit here! Please :) I love you...
Mari

admin said...

Thanks Mari, that's very thoughtful of you to say and was encouraging, love you too, will post soon!