How to be popular

I was asked the other morning to appreciate one of the babies, who's just a few months old. I thought of it a little, not really prepared as most people are when asked to appreciate someone else. When I Lily (the kid), I thought of smiles and cuddliness. But when I really thought of it, I realized that actually Lily makes everyone around her feel special. You feel so wonderful that you can make her smile, that you can light up her whole face in fact. You feel awesome that she's listening to you, that she likes you, that she's interested in what you have to offer. And above all, she only responds to love, and isn't that the best connection you can have with someone?
We should be like babies sometimes, just so happy with giving and receiving love, happy to make the other person feel needed. Ì wouldn't hurt, as I don't think there's anyone who's popularity can be envied more than Lily.

0 comments: